Something everyone agrees on is that It’s not easy to barbecue brisket. Learn as much as you can about it before you start and use the best equipment you can afford. This guide provides some general advice along with instructions on how to use each item. The stuff in this kit provides a useful toolset that will help bring it all together.
Other items you might need are: 1) a spray bottle with water or whatever liquid you want for occasional moistening, 2) a brisket trimming knife and a brisket slicing knife. Two key ingredients not included in this package are practice and patience. It may take a couple of tries, but don’t give up. The rewards are worth it.
- 16 sheets of butcher paper (rolled)
- 2 sets of nitrile prep gloves
- 1 small bag of SpitJack Brisket Rub
- 1 ball of butcher’s twine
- 1 dual sensor meat/oven thermometer